Tuesday, March 15, 2011

PAX East 2011

So I've been back for a little while from PAX and I had a blast. My flights were all pretty much on time and I got in at a good time. I did have some problems checking into the hotel. For some reason they wanted to keep my gift cards, which wouldn't work because that was all the money I had. After about thirty minutes of talking to them I finally got it worked out.

After getting check in I met up with JD, Tilt, and JMcWild at Jacob Wirth. I walked in looking for them before I thought about the fact I had no idea what they looked like. Luckily I was wearing a Jaguars hat so I was easy to spot. We hung out there for several hours and was waiting on Victor to get there but I got tired before he got there so I went back to the hotel. Shane's plane was very delayed and he didn't get in until 2 in the morning.

The next day we got up and ate breakfast at Dunkin Doughnuts. No joke there is a Dunkin Doughnuts on every corner in Boston. Then we went to PAX. Shane already had his badge but I had to go pick mine up. The line wasn't too bad and I was able to get it pretty quickly. When we started to talk the floor it was overwhelming. There was so many booths and they were all packed in pretty tight. Over the weekend I was able to play with a Nintendo 3DS, and play the following games: LA Noire, Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2, Brink, Socom 4 and Gears of War 3, none of which had been released yet. SOG Duncan drove down and met up with us. He ended up staying with us all weekend.

Friday night we hit the SFX-360 party and it was a blast. We hung out with VicJo, The Aceblack, Scarefinger, Bluemanrule, JMcWild, and several others. We also met Cliffy B there and Carlos, who does the voice of Dom in Gears of War.

Saturday night we went to the Frag Doll party and it was ok. I would of rather of been at the Westin where most of the guys were hanging out but we had fun.

Sunday it was time to leave and I got to the Boston airport at 3:00 and my flight didn't take off until 7:45. Well it got delayed until 11:00. I guess I was lucky because I was flying standby and there was no way I was going to make this flight but because of the delays many people went home. Because of this I was able to get on the flight. However I had long missed my Atlanta connection and had to spend the night in the Atlanta airport. I think I slept about two or three hours that night and finally got home about 2:00 pm the next day.

Overall it was a blast and something I hope to do again someday. I doubt I'll be able to pull it off again next year but hopefully I'll go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment